From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the funcionality of my sub VI

Solved!
Go to solution

I have created a sub-vi which un-pack data comnig from an embedded board with 8 channels and puts on its output the results. Now I'd like to implement an addictional feature which regards the filtering of this data through a low and high pass. So I created another sub-vi that integrate these kind of filters with inputs to set their configuration.

When I use the filtering sub-vi on only one channel all seems to work well, but as soon as I add another one on another channel it doesn't work: the output signals are not filtered; there some changes in their trends but it's a indefinite behavior, not a low/high pass processing. It seems thet the presence of one filtering sub-vi intereferes with the other. I tryed to understand the problem but actually I'm in a dead end.

Can anyone give me any suggestion or maybe a solution?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,189 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author thoraz

The problem is that you only have 1 filtering VI and it is set for non-reentrant execution.  So those point by point filters in there are grabbing data from one channel when the subVI is called for the one channel, then grabbing data from the other channel when the same subVI is used for the other channel.

Go to the filtering.vi 's properties, execution, and set it for Reentrant , preallocated clones.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,169 Views)

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,143 Views)