LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the LabVIEW FPGA Compile Cloud Service

Solved!
Go to solution

At the moment I'm not able anymore to compile my FPGA programs with the NI-farm.

Similar to the post:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Problem-with-the-Labview-FPGA-Compile-Cloud-Service/m-p/3789744?lan...

1. Dialog shows:

A compilation error occurred.

2. Details Dialog:

LabVIEW FPGA: The compile farm server does not have any compile workers to perform this compilation.

Error -123002 occurred at niFpgaCompileFarm_OpenJob.vi

Possible reason(s):

NI-Farm: No worker has registered the given capability name.

Complete call chain:
niFpgaCompileFarm_OpenJob.vi
niFpgaCompileWorker_OpenJob.vi
niFpgaCompile_Worker.vi:6460001

Steps I checked:

• Connection Test is successful
  • http://status.niwsc.com shows no problem
  • I tried also a second project with a source file I didn’t change since last successful build.

Has someone a clue? Is the problem on my side?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,259 Views)

Same here ...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,242 Views)

Happens every now and then.  Usually fixes itself after a few days.

Unfortunately, it happens approximately once a month, a bit much for me, but you can always do a local compile int he mean-time.  Slower but at least it's a fallback.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,240 Views)

Once a month for a few days is more than a little too much. Especially considering that for all Xilinx 14.7 compilations compiling locally is not possible on Windows 10. Hopefully a support request will speed things up ...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,218 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author meer26

Thank you for reporting this issue.  The problem should be resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

William Hackett

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,190 Views)

It did start working again, thank you.

Would it be possible to include the real-time results from whatever you use to monitor the compile cloud somewhere on http://status.niwsc.com/? Maybe, in future versions, include a link in the error dialog that appears when compilations in the cloud fail? It would save both your users and your support engineers the time to report issues you already know about through the forum or by opening support tickets.

BTW in case this happens again and assuming the problem went unnoticed on your side, what is the preferred channel to report the issue? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,168 Views)

Thanks for the information and solving the problem everyone included.

@a.schoenle.ai: Good point and question. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,154 Views)

Hi,

I'm getting this same error today.  Does the compile farm need to be fixed again?

(Trying to compile with ISE 14.7)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,252 Views)

Same problem, and my local compile is taking way too long. I'll be retired before the compile is finished, I think it gets stuck somewhere.

NI, please sort this out.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,202 Views)

It's quite remarkable how a ~20 minute build on NI's cloud compiler takes my local compiler about 90 minutes. Brings back terrible memories of planning an entire day around large FPGA builds back in the land before CC.

Let's hope NI gets on it ASAP 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,189 Views)