From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with start a communication with FT4232H-56Q

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have module FT4232H-56Q and on begin i try run UART. I use D2XX drivers and function from ftd2xx.dll. The problem is that when I try get "Description" of device by FT_GetDeviceInfoList(), FT_GetDeviceInfoDetail() or FT_ListDevices() LabVIEW just turn off. Before calling the above functions I call a function FT_CreateDeviceInfoList. Once in a while I get error communicate.

I attach .dll, .sli, .gtype files, gvi file with program, D2XX Programmer's Guide and error comunicate.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,184 Views)

Since You do not share your code it is very hard to say.

But some tip:

There are two different views of programmers on that kind or errors.

1. Possible reason: Bugs in Labview

You can find tips for solve this issue at:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P9TXSA0

2. Possible reason: Bugs in your code:

For example example if error accurs when your program calls  "Call lIbrary function node" the solution is:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8WkSAK

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,167 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RadoslawKlocek

Actually he does share the code but it is for LabVIEW NXG. As I don't have that installed currently I can't look at it. But the symptoms are clear. Bad SLI (Shared Library Interface) configuration. Most likely he is forgetting to prellocate string or array buffers that the DLL wants to write into, assuming that the primary datatypes do match the DLL headers of course.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,162 Views)

Thanks, rolfk.

I checked the types of function arguments and found the right type by trial and error. Problem solved, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,122 Views)