cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with report generation: incorrect VI icons

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm working on a LabVIEW project (8.5.1) which includes a certain number of VIs (500). I have created a little LabVIEW application to produce automatically a HTML documentation of the project.

The problem I have, is that, from time to time the document contains bad icons but only for a few VIs and not always the same...

I had a look to ReportDocExtension.llb and found that the VI which is called Generate_pseudo_unique_filename.vi was a bit strange. I think that this VI, if it is called suficently rapidly could, from time to time, generate identical file names.

Has someone experienced the same problem? Is it a known bug?

Thank you by advance for your answer.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,001 Views)

known issues are listed on ni.com

hope this helps

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,995 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jihef

Rodéric a écrit :

known issues are listed on ni.com

hope this helps

More precisely where can this be found on ni.com?

I think the problem I mentioned seems like a bug (still in LV2010). See attached VI which shows that the name generated by Generate_pseudo_unique_filename.vi is "pseudo unique" as suggested in the title but not unique as suggested in the comment..

So that, if you generate programatically a HTML report it is possible that you "loose" one .jpg file corresponding to a VI icon (typically the icon of VI n°1 can be named LVtemp0340086242585c.jpg and the icon of VI n°2 can have the same name). In this case, in the generated report, the icon of VI n°2 is correct but the icon of VI n°1 corresponds to the icon of VI n°2!

Now that I have found the origin of my problem, I'll set up a workaround.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,980 Views)