LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with keithley 2400 and labview

Hello,

I'm using a Keithley SourceMeter 2400 with LabVIEW NxG but I have a problem because my device shows an error code ID:-110 and it emits a beep, when I try the same VI in LabVIEW it shows the error I attached, does anyone know what is the solution for this error code,

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,072 Views)

It looks like you haven't give the VI the right VISA resource name. Usually you select a GPIB or COM port from the drop down list.  Did you set up a named "keithley2400" device through NIMAX?  If not then that's your problem.

A K2400 connected by GPIB set to GPIB address 7 would have a VISA resource name of something like "GPIB0::07::INSTR" or if its attached by a serial cable then would be COM5 or similar.

Check that the instrument connection is working in NI-MAX, figure out its resource name and try the code again.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,036 Views)

It has the right VISA name that I assume the poster put in Max.  The issue is that the K2400 does not like the command. Or it is not in remote to accept the GPIB write data.  If the VISA name was wrong then the K2400 would not beep.

The other possibility is that the Keithley 2400 is set to emulate an older Keithley 230 (I believe that the 2400 has that mode) and thus not accepting the standard Keithley 2400 commands.

You can turn on NI Spy (or NI IO Trace) and see the commands sent to the Keithley 2400 and which one causes the beep.

Lastly the Keithley 2400 is an old and not great instrument.  It has high ripple and should not really be used unless you are doing rough data collection at high currents.

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,033 Views)

@sth wrote:

It has the right VISA name that I assume the poster put in Max.  The issue is that the K2400 does not like the command. Or it is not in remote to accept the GPIB write data.  If the VISA name was wrong then the K2400 would not beep.

I missed that it beeped, so you are correct it is communicating!

The next issue then is that the protocol can be set to 488.1 or SCPI through the front panel.  If using the LabVIEW drivers you will want to set it to SCPI.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,030 Views)

Your screenshot shows "error -1073807346: The Given Session or Object Reference Is Invalid".  I notice that you appear to have NXG open in the background while testing with LV 2016... can you confirm the problem still occurs if you close both of them completely and then open just LabVIEW 2016 and try the VI again?

The linked page has a few other things to look for, though I think you covered most of them already.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,023 Views)

Hello,

thanks for your reply, but i try all your suggestions, it still does'nt work, and still emits the bip

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,997 Views)

Did you try this suggestion:

You can turn on NI Spy (or NI IO Trace) and see the commands sent to the Keithley 2400 and which one causes the beep.

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,991 Views)