LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with icon editor window

I'm unable to open my icon editor window with the format shown below where you have Template, Layers, etc. tabs  along the top along with line #s for text. When I open it now it briefly opens the correct editor but then reverts to the older style shown below as well. Is there a setting I need to change to regain the tab style icon editor I'm  used to seeing?

Thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,203 Views)

I don't know what's causing that, but here are the Icon Editor settings from my labview.ini file:

IconEditor.FirstLaunch=False
IconEditor.TextFont="Small Fonts"
IconEditor.TextAlignment=00000001
IconEditor.TextSize=0000000A
IconEditor.Save3rdPartyTemplates=True
IconEditor.3rdPartyTemplatesFolderName="3rd party"
IconEditor.TextTab.Color1stBodyLine=00000000
IconEditor.TextTab.Color2ndBodyLine=00000000
IconEditor.TextTab.Color3tdBodyLine=00000000
IconEditor.TextTab.Color4thBodyLine=00000000
IconEditor.TextTab.TextFont="Small Fonts"
IconEditor.TextTab.TextAlignment=00000001
IconEditor.TextTab.TextSize=00000008
IconEditor.TextTab.Options=00000003
IconEditor.FillColor=00F6F6F6
IconEditor.EdgeColor=00050505
IconEditor.Tool=00000000
IconEditor.ShowLayerTab=True
IconEditor.ShowTerminals=True
IconEditor.SaveLayersWithVI=False
IconEditor.MostRecentTab=00000003
IconEditor.Position="172,198,1152,673"

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,177 Views)

Does this topic help?  The reason I am asking instead of offering it as a solution is because it seems similar to, but not exactly, your problem.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,152 Views)

This happens when the Icon Editor is broken, or when it errors out when initializing. Here are my suggestions for fixing the issue, going in order from least to most painful:

1. Quit LabVIEW, delete all 'IconEditor' entries in the LabVIEW INI file, then restart LabVIEW.

2. Quit LabVIEW, delete all the INI entries mentioned in step (1), then delete the [LabVIEW Data]\Icon Templates and [LabVIEW Data]\Glyphs folders, then restart LabVIEW.

3. Repair your LabVIEW installation.

Hopefully (1) or (2) fixes it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,131 Views)

If none of the INI fixes work, on the off chance you're feeling particularly bold, you can go here:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Enhanced-Icon-Editor/gp-p/grp-1168

Find the version that matches what edition of LV you're using, and you can replace the default icon editor with one of your own, starting with the existing one (which has problems).  It will allow you to add in debug hooks and such so that you can figure out exactly which portion of the startup sequence that the icon editor fails during, and focus your efforts there.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,108 Views)

You should be able to switch between the new and the old icon editor anytime you want by set the Glyphs folder attributes:

Read only => old editor;

Writable => new editor.

Or you can download this VI:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-LabVIEW-CVI-%E6%95%B0%E6%8D%AE%E9%87%87%E9%9B%86%E7%AD%89%E4%BA%A7%E5%93...

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,068 Views)