LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with front panel refresh

Hi, I'm using LabView 8.2, and I have a problem with the refresh of the front panel.
I have a fornt panel with a lot of controls and the right side of the front panel doesn't refresh, both during the run and in the "stop mode". In attachment an example of my problem. If I use the scroll bars only the left side of the front panel changes. If I resize the whole front panel window the front panel is painted correctly.
It sounds like a Labview version bug, like a missing Invalidate() and UpdateWindow(), or an invalid refresh region saved in my vi.
I think this problem raised the first time when I saved my vi while Labview was crashing due to a wrong external memory management.
Is it possible to solve this problem?
If not, is it possible insert programmatically a whole front panel refresh?
Thanks in advance,
Paolo Bozzoli

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,759 Views)
It is probably a graphics card/driver issue. Do you have  the latest/correct driver installed?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,748 Views)
Hi, thanks for reply.
My graphic card is Ati Radeon Xpress 200 Series. I just downloaded and installed the last drivers available, but the problem is not solved.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,736 Views)
I would tend to agree that it looks like a graphics card issue, and not a LabVIEW bug. Just to check: is the program calling any special OS functions related to window management?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,714 Views)
Does you main loop have a small delay (50ms for example) in it, (to allow the operating system time to execute system processes)?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,709 Views)
 post your code so others can confirm the issue?  You said the VI behaves this way whether you're in edit or run mode.  What about when you first open the VI before you run it?  Or does it only happen after you run it once and then go into edit mode?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,690 Views)
Thx for all reply.

>SMercurio:
>I would tend to agree that it looks like a graphics card issue, and not a LabVIEW bug. Just to check: is the program calling any special OS functions related to >window management?

No I don't use any OS function related to window management.

>ssk:
>Does you main loop have a small delay (50ms for example) in it, (to allow the operating system time to execute system processes)?

In my main loop I have not any delay, I use a big event stucture that handle all my control messages.

>Mattew K...:
>post your code so others can confirm the issue?  You said the VI behaves this way whether you're in edit or run mode.  What about when you first open the VI >before you run it?  Or does it only happen after you run it once and then go into edit mode?

This behaviour happens also the first time I open the VI, before run it. Sorry but I don't know if I can post the code without get fired. Tomorrow I'll ask a permission to my boss.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,687 Views)
>>ssk:
>>Does you main loop have a small delay (50ms for example) in it, (to allow the operating system time to execute system processes)?

> In my main loop I have not any delay, I use a big event stucture that handle all my control messages.

A little clarification: in some events I use while structures with a 100 ms delay. All the way the problem raises befor using this events.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,683 Views)
What controls are behind the space that is not getting redrawn.  I see a plot (is it a XY grpah, chart, waveform graph, etc.?).  Are there any ActiveX controls, etc. behind there that we cannot see from you picture?

Can you at least post a picture of the VI after you get it successfully redrawn?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,679 Views)

I think that this demonstrates either CAR 3V5BLTOC or CAR 4B1CC3V9.  One of these is fixed in 8.5 and one is fixed in our main development branch.

The second CAR deals with some code that was causing drawing issues related to showing one of the legends on the graph.  You can either hide all your legends or better yet, redrop your graphs from the palette should fix the problem. (assuming this is the issue)

The other CAR deals with our panel being offset to an unexpected place (internally, not on screen).  You should recreate your front panel in this case.

I don't know which problem you are suffering from, but I would be glad to take a look if you post your code.  When/if you do, you can delete all the code, just leave the controls as they are. 

Jeff Peters

LabVIEW User Interface.

Message Edited by jpeters on 10-04-2007 11:55 PM

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,662 Views)