LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with data from DAQ

I'm getting data from DAQ from 3 different channels, then I made a programm to get the information together and it works perfectly when I introduce files one by one, the problems appear when I introduce this programm in the principal program and instead of put an specif file the file is the output of measurement file because I create different files of my data information, and it put the text more than one time. I attach the programm, it will help you to understand what happen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,927 Views)

Yikes, the Dreaded DAQ Assistant, its Evil Twin, the Dynamic Data Wire, a plethora of other Express VIs, a Frame that is absolutely unnecessary, and a logic that is unclear to me.

Plus a violation of the First (Only?) Law of LabVIEW, i.e. Data Flow.  There is an isolated Case Statement (with True wired to the selector, hence it is always executed) that initializes three Waveform Graph Histories.  Don't you want to do this before you start filling those Graphs with data?  If so, this needs to have the Error Line from the Property Nodes merged and fed into Error In on the DAQ Assistant.  [Error Lines are there for a reason -- use them!].

One of my objections to Express VIs is that it obscures and hides what you are attempting to do.  Do you want to write three files, close them, open them, read their contents, and then concatenate their data and overwrite one of the files?  Why have three files?  Why not do your own file I/O and write all three data sets to a single file?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,908 Views)