LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with TCP/IP communication: error ni-448 when I want to write on a TCP/IP-connection

Hi folks

I have a really annoying problem: I want a computer (Win XP, Ethernet board, Labview 7.1) to communicate with my robot controller (Win 2k, Epson SPEL+ language). The robot controller is the client, the LabViewPC the server. now reading messages sent by the robot controller are no problem to read. But when I want to send messages from the LabViewPC to the robot controller I get an error message: error ni-448, make sure that the GBIP-controller is the primary controller.

For the communication I open a TCP-listener and a TCP wait listener in a while loop. So far this works. Then I use the TCP-write function to send a string to the robot controller. Here the error described above occurs. So the communication doesn´t work.

Can anybody help me?

Please. Thank you in advance!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,565 Views)
Please pay attention to the first (upper) part of the error message. Many LV errors have two descriptions, for compatibility with older software.
Clearly the GPIB error doesn't apply to your case. What's the error number?
Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,558 Views)

hi there,

are there several network adapters on your host? if so pass the IP of the network adapter to the "TCP listen.vi". i'm not sure but i think i remember that in former versions this had no effect. then you could use "TCP Listen.vi" on your slave and "TCP Open Connection" function on your host.

you can use the "Simple Data Server" and "Simple Data Client" examples for a quick test.

Best regards
chris

CL(A)Dly bending G-Force with LabVIEW

famous last words: "oh my god, it is full of stars!"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,555 Views)

Hi and thanks for the help

You are right, paolo, the error is error1:

"LabView: the output parameter is not valid

NI-488: Command requires GPIB-controller to be active"

I am gonna try your suggestion, chrisger. Hopefully it works.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,547 Views)

Hey buddies

thanks a million times. Now I got the solution thanks to Your suggestions. I just made a mistake. Accidentally i connected the wrong output of the TCP-listener-wait to the writer. Here the Connection ID-output is on the icon´s button. And I connected the TCP-listener-wait-Identifier to the writer. Stupid. I got to see that when I checked Your suggestions.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,541 Views)

Hi, I know these isn´t the topic but, I need your help.
I'm trying to connect Epson Robot with Labview by Ethernet but I can´t do it. Can you helme? please. How can I do it?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,418 Views)

Start a new topic as this is not related to the original problem of this thread.

And please give a lot more information such as over what connection interface do you want to connect your robot with the computer, what software have you tried. You surely must have gotten some software with your robot that you can already use to control it?

Messages like yours with so little information to go with, will usually not get very useful answers and even less if attached to a really unrelated thread.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,413 Views)