LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Labview Vision regarding caliper measurements

Dear people of this forum :),

I have a question regarding caliper measurements in Vision. I'm working on a project for school. We need to create a posture analysis from the back of someone's schoulder, vertebral spine column and pelvis. We did this with 3 Lasers with each a lattice in front of them so we have three lines of laser dots. We put markers on the parts of the body that we want to measure. We turned of the lights, en used UV lamps to show the markers. Now we have a maximum contrast between the lasers, and the markers on the body.

It looks like this(i don't know if it's allowed if I put 2 large pictures in here. Sorry if it's not allowed. Tell me, and I will change it a.s.a.p.)

In this picture you can see the markers and the lasers. The laser dots are red, and the markers are green.

I want to measure the distance for instance between number 7 and 4. I also would like an angle between the two. 

Eventually this al needs to be done automatically in labview. But you can't see or select the available points in labview.
So if I upload another picture in the labview program, he gives different numbers to the points. But the caliper measurement is still between 7 and 4, while in reality it takes 5 and 4 for example. You can see this in picture two. So with a different picture, I get a wrong measurement. 

So the question is, Is this problem solvable within vision. I need to get the program in labview eventually.

Thank you very much for trying to help me 😄

foto vision.JPG

foto vision 4.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,084 Views)

Hi Antoine,

If you can do the measurement in Vision Assistent, you can convert it to Labview via Tools>>Create Labview vi.

Regards,

Bas

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,008 Views)

Hi Antoine,

If it is easy for you to do the measurement in Vision Assistent , you can convert it to Labview via Tools>>Create Labview vi.or vision builder by Tools>>Migrate Inspection to LabVIEW... it's very easy and it works as good as Vision Assistent or Vision Builder.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,990 Views)