cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Data recording with EPOS2 24/5 and LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear community memebers,

I've been trying some examples from EPOS library, and I would like to know how this example works and how data recording works.

Example data recording.jpg

Idon'tknowwhatdoestheparameters, thatthereareindecircle, means.

I would like to plot Position, Velocity and Acceleration. Has someone can explain me how does it works? and what is the funcion of the numbers in the cluster?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Xavi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,784 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Xavi_oku

Hi Xavi,

you should ask Maxon to explain their software. Or read the manuals they provide...

Motors with some logic usually use a register based communication scheme. You write to certain register to set parameters, you read certain registers to know current parameters/values of the motor. Each cluster in that array is describing one of those registers/parameters, like the first one with register address x6064, sub-address x0 and value d4. Those parameters seem to resemble CANopen CiA specifications!

I can't open that VI due to it's LabVIEW version, but probably you will find labels on the input control of that subVI. Read the labels...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 3
(2,777 Views)

Thanks, you are in the right way,

I've found the adress of each register and how does it means in the firmware aplication notes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,766 Views)