LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with 1-D array of cluster of three - Sound and Vibration

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to manage a vi that handles several mathematical operations with auto and cross spectra. I have to be able to control the windowing and averaging, so i used "Sound and Vibration" blocks, "SVFA Cross Spectrum mag/phase" and "SVFA Power Spectrum". In the Cross Spec.vi, the output is a cluster type of 3 elements; I unbundle them and used like shown in the VI sample attached below. The Power Spectrum gives out a "1-D array of 3-element-cluster; I got the error of wrong connection when i tried the same thing of course, I should be able to process it like the "cross spectrum".

Is it possible to turn this 1-D array into cluster, like Cross Spectrum did? If not, how to manage to get the amplitude values of Power Spectrum as a 1-D array? The "Array to Cluster" blocks does not work in this case.

The code is attached below.

Thanks,

Ozgur

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,398 Views)

I may use "Auto power Spec.vi" but, it gives no option to control windowing and averaging. Some detailed document on these data types would be helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,394 Views)

Thanks for contacting us!

Looking at your expressVI, it looks like you are bringing in one channel of analog data.  For some reason, these two VI's seems to be handling this differently;  The "SFVA Power Spectrum" VI is interpreting the dynamic data type (blue wire) as an array, and the "SFVA Cross Spectrume (Mag-Phase)" VI is interpreting the dynamic data as a single waveform.  One way to work around this would be to explicitly convert to a single waveform using the "Convert From Dynamic Data" VI.  Select "Single Waveform" as the data type, and then wire this into the two VI's.

convertDynamic.png

Jon S

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,372 Views)

I handled it after I posted the massage, like the way you've written.

Thanks anyway,

Özgür

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,370 Views)