From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when working with Write to SpreadSheet

If you use the default separator, it makes no sense to call it a csv file. Excel expects a comma as a separator when you do that. Call it a txt file or explicitly tell Excel to use a tab when you import the file.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(975 Views)

I found the solution, it has to do with my Excel region settings (I'm from Chile, Southamerica). The details are on this link: http://feedback.debitoor.com/knowledgebase/articles/248576-when-opening-csv-file-all-data-appears-in...

Thanks for your help.

Message 12 of 14
(972 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
If you use the default separator, it makes no sense to call it a csv file. Excel expects a comma as a separator when you do that. Call it a txt file or explicitly tell Excel to use a tab when you import the file.

Agreed. The example given is really a crappy example because it bypasses the array functionality of the spreadsheet VIs. You might as well just write those strings using Write to Text File and just add a line feed each time.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(958 Views)

@Nathacarrasco wrote:

I found the solution, it has to do with my Excel region settings (I'm from Chile, Southamerica). The details are on this link: http://feedback.debitoor.com/knowledgebase/articles/248576-when-opening-csv-file-all-data-appears-in...

Thanks for your help.

Glad you got it figured out!

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(956 Views)