LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when simulating an 8051 MCU in Multisim?

Hi,

I faced a problem when simulating a simple 8051 MCU circuit (blinking a LED)

The C-code is compiled successfully but when it is not linked.
Here is what is displayed in the result barre:

Multisim - Tuesday, December 13, 2016, 2:13:58 AM
--------------------------Building: Project: project1---------------------------
Note: -E compiler option was not present. This option has been added to the compiler build command temporarily.
Note: -O compiler option was not present. This option has been added to the compiler build command temporarily.
Warning: -G compiler option was not present. This option has been added to the compiler build command temporarily.
Warning: --ASMLIST compiler option was not present. This option has been added to the compiler build command temporarily.
Warning: -P compiler option was not present. The assembler files will not be preprocessed for #include directives.
Warning: The --ERRFORMAT compiler option was not present. This option has been added to the compiler build command temporarily.
Warning: The --WARNFORMAT compiler option was not present. This option has been added to the compiler build command temporarily.
Warning: The --MSGFORMAT compiler option was not present. This option has been added to the compiler build command temporarily.
Warning: -P compiler option was not present. The assembler files will not be preprocessed for #include directives.
Compiler results: 0 - Errors, 0 - Warnings
Linking...
Unable to find object file: D:\My Folder\Studies\Multisim\MCU Workspaces\MCU\project1\main_0.obj
Please help me!
thanks 😉

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,843 Views)

Hello el_maestro

What is the Multisim version are you running (Go to Help>>about Multisim)?

Did you use the tutorial below?

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/5629/en/ (Microcontroller Unit Co-Simulation)

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,777 Views)

Hi David and thanks for replying me 🙂

The application version is: 14.0.0 (14.0.593)

Database version: 14.0.a

I followed the stapes one-by-one but it is the same. Also, when creating the project there is no Assembler Project file *.asm

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,771 Views)

Hello el_maestro

Let me share with you a link forum where you can find and ask question of the MCU specifically. Feel free to participate there.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Labs-Toolkits/NI-Multisim-Microchip-MCU-Co-Simulation-Beta/ta-p/3507206 (Forum)

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,736 Views)