From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem remote connection to SQL via ODBC

Hello, I have a server machine on which I installed the "SQL Server 2008 R2 Express." On the same machine I have configured a connection to the SQL server via ODBC and I developed a VI that uses the "LABSQL ADO function" and it perfectly communicates via ODBC with the database.

The problem is when I try to connect to the database from a remote PC. Even on the remote PC I configured the connection via ODBC. I launch the same VI I described above, it performs correctly the ADO Connection Open the ADO connection, but the SQL Execute returned an unknown error: -2147217865. It seems that it can not find the table on which I am doing the query.

Does anyone have any idea? I have no experience with databases and do not know what tests to do.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,045 Views)

Hi,

actually the Microsoft error code seems to be related to not-existing table (see here).

Anyway, this error code may result when trying to use tables with spaces or other special characters ("-", "/", "\", "?" ) in their names.

Is this true also in the database you are using?

Could it be an issue with permission levels?

I hope it helps!

Bye,

Licia

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,016 Views)