LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing LabVIEW 8.2 on Fedora Core 7

hmm, I think that most of your software should still work.  I believe the only problem you may have is running utilities that depend on the LabVIEW Runtime engine.  In your case that would likely be nispy, gpibconf, and gpibtsw.  I'm guessing you don't actually need to use any of these utilities so you should be OK.  Of course I would recommend that you actually run some sanity tests to make sure things are working.  The best way to do that is probably to run:

NIvisaic

From there you should be able to test VISA and perform basic communication over serial, and GPIB.  You could also run LabVIEW and try running some of the shipping examples.  There will be shipping examples for both serial and GPIB.

As a side note the next versions of NI-KAL and VISA will be fixing the problems you found so you may want to watch the download pages in the coming weeks.

Shawn B.
National Instruments
Use NI products on Linux? Come join the NI Linux Users Community
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(880 Views)
Hi,

I have some problems installing Labview in my linux mechine and I found this add.
Ok,
First, my system is running Ubuntu 7.04 feisty. I'm try to install LV 7.0 express for linux.
During installation I experience some problems with permissions so I suspended twice or three times and continue, as result some of the installed packeges were on a personal folder on /home/../LV70 and the other part on /usr/local/LV70 (default)
I try to run the application and crashes on start. Then I decided to start all over and I errase the thing on my personal folder trying to use the original "by default" options. Result.....the installer said that everything is alrready installed, and does not allow me to re-install. I want to get rid of all the things created on the first install and do it again....were is the log file that tells the installer taht everithing is on my computer? there is a way to modify the log? there is a way to re-install?
Thanks,
S.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(853 Views)
The problem is likely that you still have the rpms installed, you will need to uninstall these, or the INSTALL script will still assume that everything is installed.  Since you are using Ubuntu it is likely that these are the only rpms installed so you can probably uninstall everything returned when you run:

rpm -qa

If you happen to have non NI rpms installed you can find the ones you need to uninstall by running:

rpm -qa | grep labview
and
rpm -qa | grep ^ni

Once you know what you need to uninstall you should be able to just run:

rpm -e <rpmname>

Shawn B.
National Instruments
Use NI products on Linux? Come join the NI Linux Users Community
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(843 Views)
HEY!

Thanks, as my only rpms were labview ones, the procedure was very easy.
I re-install and everything went ok during installation, however the soft crashes just after showing the start window.
this is the message I get:

***glibc detected*** labview: realloc(): invalid next size: 0x27dffdd0 ***
Aborted (core dumped)

there is something I can do in order to fix this?

Thanks again,

S.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(826 Views)