LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in resizing multicolumn listbox in

@ramktamu wrote:

Hello Ranjeet,

What you have to do is 'disable the horizontal scroll bar' in a visible menu. The multicolumn listbox will automatically fit the columns.

Regards,

Ram Gurung

Certified LabVIEW Developer

That is not true.  Where did you get that piece of information from?

You can even see in Ranjeet's picture that he has the horziontal scrollbar disable and the list box did not "automatically fit the columns."

Ranjeet, I don't think you need to have two different .exe's.  I don't know why you'd want 3 columns on one PC, and 4 on another (why can you get rid of the extra column on one PC?).  But you can certainly handle the number of columns to show and their width programmatically in a single VI.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,114 Views)

@ramktamu wrote:

Hello Ranjeet,

What you have to do is 'disable the horizontal scroll bar' in a visible menu. The multicolumn listbox will automatically fit the columns.

Regards,

Ram Gurung

Certified LabVIEW Developer

When I disabled then only 3 col is visible unfortunately Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,107 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Ranjeet, I don't think you need to have two different .exe's.  I don't know why you'd want 3 columns on one PC, and 4 on another (why can you get rid of the extra column on one PC?).  But you can certainly handle the number of columns to show and their width programmatically in a single VI.

I want 4 col all the time irrespective of monitor,  Supposed I do this then each time when user opens the VI then he need to set this option which I will be providing. I dont want to give any this options to user .

My concern was only when all other things were resized then why not this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,104 Views)

Is this their propery like font which also doesnt resize according to monitor

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,093 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:
 My concern was only when all other things were resized then why not this?

Because the programmers who made LabVIEW never programmed it to do this.

And I'm not sure that I would want them to.  I don't know what would be considered normal behavior for table type controls within other programs, whether something like VisualBasic.  I'd say Microsoft Access and Excel aren't resizing columns based on the window size.  My gut feel is that the behavior you want is probably atypical of most programs out there with similar type of an interface.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,082 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

@Viper wrote:

See the attached vi

Norm

I know how to set programmatically set number of column. I need fix 4 column but my problem is in devlopment PC its perfect and in other PC 4th column is partially visible

Are you using the property node? If not I think it will solve your problem. I have this problem all the time because I develope on Win7 and roll out to Win XP.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,075 Views)

@Viper wrote:

Are you using the property node? If not I think it will solve your problem. I have this problem all the time because I develope on Win7 and roll out to Win XP.

I am also rolling back from 7 to XP. Let me keep 4 programmatically and check again. Thanks

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,061 Views)

Still didnt worked Smiley Sad

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,057 Views)
Why are you still asking about this? Well actually making vague comments and not asking anything. You have been told to use property nodes. This is your answer.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,050 Views)

If you don't want to resize the listbox programmatically the simple solution would be to uncheck set VI to resize per monitor resolution. The proportion of the interface would change but everything will show up.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,046 Views)