LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in resizing multicolumn listbox in

I am using multicolumn listbox to show my test to user. In development PC it looks nice and displays as much as column I want but in other PC where I am installing my application there last row column is partially visible.

I have set VI to resize the VI as per monitor resolution. Attached image for reference.

resize.png

What could be the reason?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(3,366 Views)
Please post your vi
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(3,315 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(3,306 Views)

Ranjeet, this looks to be a difference in OS.  It may be related to font size too.  You can get the width of the entire table using container bounds, calculate the required width of each cell, and set the cell width with activeCell.CellSize.Width

Hope this helps you

Michael

Message 4 of 20
(3,293 Views)

The listbox scales with the front panel, which you said is scaling with the monitor resolution.

However, the widths of the columns do not scale with the listbox itself.  You'll need to adjust them either manually or programmatically like Michael describes.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(3,289 Views)

@Michael_78 wrote:
Please post your vi

One VI is in development PC and where I am getting problem in differnt PC where LV is not installed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(3,273 Views)

@Michael_78 wrote:

Ranjeet, this looks to be a difference in OS.  It may be related to font size too.  You can get the width of the entire table using container bounds, calculate the required width of each cell, and set the cell width with activeCell.CellSize.Width

Hope this helps you

Michael

Yes OS is differnt but I doubt it. all other things are getting resize except

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(3,272 Views)

@Viper wrote:

See the attached vi

Norm

I know how to set programmatically set number of column. I need fix 4 column but my problem is in devlopment PC its perfect and in other PC 4th column is partially visible

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(3,267 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

The listbox scales with the front panel, which you said is scaling with the monitor resolution.

However, the widths of the columns do not scale with the listbox itself.  You'll need to adjust them either manually or programmatically like Michael describes.

Differnt monitor have differnt resolution. It might possible that one montor I will keep 3 and other I need 4. Then in that case I need to make differnt exe file for each

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(3,266 Views)

Hello Ranjeet,

What you have to do is 'disable the horizontal scroll bar' in a visible menu. The multicolumn listbox will automatically fit the columns.

Regards,

Ram Gurung

Certified LabVIEW Developer

157+ CLDs & 9 CLA Trained
LabVIEW Training resources
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(3,261 Views)