cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in installing the LabVIEW 2010.....plz help

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I was having LabVIEW 8.5 and i upgraded it to 10.0. I installed both the CD's having differnt modules for LV2010(by backdating the system date).After installation was complete it give me error that some dll was missing .When I tried to launch labview it was not getting Launched.So i tried to reinstall it but for that i was not able to unistall it first from control panel as i was unable to get the National Instruments option over there. So i tried to delete the National Instruments folder present in the program files of C:\. But that also didnt succed as it gave me error that some files are in use.

So then i killed some processes from task manager which were running and again tried to install software ,

Now i am observing that it is taking the path for installation and all but when installation is started it gives me prompt that LabVIEW 2010 is not detected on system to install other modules. Please check .

I am now unable to understand how to solve this problem....

Is the problem is of some DLL which are missing or beacuse of the various modules that i tried to install??

I am having Windows 7(64 bit) OS.

If anyone knows solution let me know...

thanks....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,247 Views)

What are you talking about when you say you had to change the system date? A legitimate install of LabVIEW and toolkits does not require any changes. Did you try to install the 32-bit, 64-bit, or both?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,239 Views)

Hi, 

In order to uninstall/remove all NI Software from your computer, you need to download and install a program called MSIblast. The installation files and the procedure

are attached herewith for your kind perusal. 

Warm Regards,

Uday Aghamarshan, 

Applications Engineer,

National Instruments, India.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,219 Views)

thanks for the reply...I will uninstall all the nI rpoducts using MSIBlast .And then will try to install the LabVIEW 2010 freshly.

One more doubt...The national Instruments folder present in program files cannot be deleted. So should i keep it there only with whateve dll it has and start the new installation ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,186 Views)

When i m uninstalling the nI products from using the MSI balst for some of the products I am getting the following error and hence that product is not getting installed.

I am having windows 7 64 bit.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,182 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LV_user1

Hi,

Please go through this link and follow the procedure detailed there to resolve your error. Please let me know if that doesn't work out.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/268AD2EDA9B14EFC86256E7F00790156?OpenDocument

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Error-1722-in-Windows-7-LabVIEW-Installation-Application/td-p/126513...

Regards,

Uday Aghamarshan,

Applications Engineer,

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,164 Views)

It worked .Thanks for the link...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,107 Views)

Mmmmm.  There is a lesson there.

If you get an error message, try searching the forums and NI's website with the error number.  You just might be able to find something yourself that could help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,098 Views)