From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in camparing two sound signals

Gud Afternoon All,

I am trying to compare two sound signals in LabVIEW 2013, but facing some problem. My aim is to detect a particular sound say "Clap Sound". I have recorded that sound and added it into LabVIEW. the other signal is generated by using microphone. I am trying to compare both the recorded signal and generated signal, but unable to find any solution.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Akshay Joshi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,439 Views)

Post your code so we can see what you have tried.  

EDIT:  I assume this is related to this - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Problem-in-capturing-audio-signal/td-p/2841028

Please keep your question in one thread to avoid confusion.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,391 Views)

I have attached my VI,

I am using LabVIEW 2013.

Akshay

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,368 Views)

I am posting some of my results also.

the waveform named as "Signal" shows two waveform one is the recorded sample(brown) and other one is the sound generated (Orange). there are some moments when the comparision result comes true even when both the waveform overlaps each other. no able to understand the problem.

any help please.

Akshay

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,357 Views)