cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem finding VI with inserted Chinese symbols in built application

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have an application that runs on many PCs except one in China. While loading, the executable brings up dialog boxes looking for VIs that have a Chinese symbol in the VI name not present on the development environment during compilation. See attached. I've tried toggling many of the different switches in the build specifications to no avail. It's LV2020 SP1 latest runtime running on Win10 with US English regional settings, but Beijing time zone. Any ideas? I'm stumped. I think this may be a bug.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,024 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author reniam

A few years ago we had a similar problem. We used some special characters in the original VI name which got replaced in the chinese windows version.

I suppose you use ° in the VI name? Try to remove or replace it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,009 Views)

You are a gentleman and a scholar! Thank you very much. Yes, I had files named with alt code (°C).  For some reason that caused the problem. Anyway, I'll change my practice to not name files with them in the future. 

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(985 Views)

For vi names, it's necessary to use printable ASCII characters only (codes 32 to 126).

This problem hit me too some years ago. I named a vi using an accented vowel (à).

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(948 Views)