LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem creating an installer (some installers you selected on this build are not available on this computer)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi to all.

First of all thanks a lot for reading and being able to help.

I have created an application which uses VAS (vision adquisition software (for imaqdx drivers) and VDM (vision development module).

Now I would like to create an executable and for that I have followed the next steps:

1- I have created an executable which is created fine.

2- Now I am trying to create an installer including executable step 1 and additional installers that are needed (which run time engine, vision run time...) but when I trying to build labview gives this error.

error_installer.jpg

How can I do my installer or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,880 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alvaro.S

You will need the source media (disk, USB drive, folder on your PC, etc.) for any additional drivers you want to include with the installer. Right now it is asking you to insert the NI Software Platform Bundle Spring 2017 so it can build the installer.

As a side note, if you are planning to install this application with vision acquisition software on a different PC, you will need a VAS license for that PC as well. (~$430). In the past I remember it didn't give me a very obvious message that the only problem was that my VAS was not licensed.

Message 2 of 7
(5,859 Views)

Thanks for asking.

I have the USB driver with SPB Sping 2017, so I have just to inster USB and select SPB folder?

Yeah I now... It is very expensive the VAS for one license...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,855 Views)

Is SPB the Spring Platform Bundle? Yes, just insert the media they ask for and locate it in the file browser when prompted.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,848 Views)

I have tried what you said and it works fine!

It is installed with no errors.

But now I have another question... when I run the executable in a PC without labview it does not give me any errors about license VAS, does it mean that I do not need it?

Because maybe I do not use libraries which need that license in the no labview PC.

So if it does not ask me for a license when I run application it means that I do not need it?

Thanks a lot again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,840 Views)

If your application runs fine then there is no reason to register a VAS license for it. I found I would just get weird camera errors. It never explicitly said I needed a license, but that's what it wanted. Also, I think you can always do a 7-day trial of VAS. You can check NI License Manager (from the start menu) to see if you started a trial or not.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,835 Views)

Hey, where can I get this NI Software Platform Bundle Spring 2017 ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,135 Views)