LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem at deployment of shared variables

Today I installed Labview 2010 at a pc that already had Labview 8.5 installed. After the installation was completed I tried to run a vi that includes shared variables with both Labview 2010 and 8.5 and both times at the deployment of the shared variables this error occured :

(error:-2147220735, (Hex 0x80040301) Internal error:
The specified class could not be found in the configuration
database. Your installation may need to be repaired.)

I have restarted the computer many times, I tried to reinstall labview 2010, i also recreated the shared variables in the project but i still get the same error. What coud be the problem?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,866 Views)

Hi panagiov,

looks like your installation is broken. Please follow the instructions on "Clean Reinstall Procedure.pdf" I attached. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,838 Views)

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,828 Views)

I had this exact same error caused the same way.  LV 8.5 is installed and I installed LV 2010.  It actually worked for a few hours then I started getting this error.  Works fine when I deploy the same project from another computer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,693 Views)

Hi Nick,

did you try to reinstall LabVIEW 8.5. If you really need 8.5 you should try it. Otherwise you could just leave 2010 installed and repair that installation.It seems that there is a problem with the installation, so it is necesary to deinstall and reinstall 8.5 at least. Please try that.

Cheers, RMathews

Ramona Lombardo
Applications Engineer, NI Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,656 Views)