LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem after upgarde to LabVIEW7

Hi,
I upgarded my LabVIEW software from 6.0 to 7.0. To do this, I removed completely the LabVIEW 6.0 and then installed LabVIEW 7.0. The installation went alright.

The problem is when I am running some of my VIs developed in LabVIEW 6.0. Most of the VIs are running OK, but I get a strange error when I am trying to read a digital Input port(Agilent 34970A, with Multifunction module 34907A) through GPIB. The program has a FOR loop which is using the 34970 drivers.

The error doesn't happen if I don't have a loop and if I run the program any no. of times. As soon as I put the loop in, it gives an Error from the VISA Read function, which is called through other sub VIs. the Agilent instrument gives error code 410(Query Interrupte
d - A command was received which sends data to the output buffer, but the output buffer contained data from a previous command).

The relevant VI(Repeated_Operation) and subVIs are attached(these are 6.0 versions).

I went back to LabVIEW 6.0 and everything works OK. It would be helpful to know if anyone had any similsr issues with VIs that work OK in 6.0 and have problems in 7.0.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,293 Views)
I would check to see if you are properly closing all of your references. The fact that you can run it multiple times, but if you place a loop around it you get an error tells me something is not being closed properly. LabVIEW will dispose of open references when the VI stops running. This is the difference between the two situations in my mind. You might be trying to open up a reference to a resource that is already opeon. You gave the error code taht the instrument gave but you never gave the VISA error that was generated at the VISA Read. This might be helpful to help you troubleshoot.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,293 Views)