LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem about msi and ni package manager

Hello friends,

I have problems when installing ni daqmx. I downloaded ni-daqmx-repack, and first i need to install ni package manager. Then i met this problem in the picture. I searched and find some ways, like run nipkg.exe, but all don't work. The daqmx offline package also doesn't work, because it also require to install ni package manager first. Can someone give me advice?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,299 Views)

I don't know... maybe install NI Package Manager?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,259 Views)

OMG another one!  NI Package Manager 2020 is a failure to say the least.

I have several trouble tickets in with NI over problems that NI Package manager (NI-VIPM) has caused. 

Basically NI's only solution (that works) when a problem with Ni Package Manager occurs is to wipe and reinstall Windows.

I have had to do this on three separate computers so far.

Company wide we are rolling back to LabVIEW 2019 and freezing there.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,250 Views)

Why did NI decide to go with NIPM anyway?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,231 Views)

i solved this problem by doing nothing. I download ni package manager directly, and install it, and it works. I don't know why installing ni package manager fail when I used installer from nidaqmx package. Anyway, I don't need to reload the whole windows system, temporarily.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,214 Views)

Consider yourself lucky

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 6 of 6
(1,208 Views)