From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: NI MAX doesn't show options

Hello,

I meet a problem again. I connect usb 6501 with my computer and open ni max, there should be options about usb 6501, like test panel, self check, but in my computer, only refresh and save as i show in picture. My picture also shows software i installed. Do i miss some software, or I need to do some setting?

Thank you a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,033 Views)

Hmmm, you loaded DAQmx, so...

Maybe you're a victim of the oddball issue where some NI services aren't loading.  Make sure that NI Configuration Manager and NI Device Loader services are running.  Seems that sometimes antivirus stuff gets in the way and prevents them from running.  To get around this, I believe it's as simple as having them start automatic delayed.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(998 Views)

@billko makes a good point.  To find out what NI services you are running (I'm assuming Windows 10), type "Services" in the Search Bar (lower left corner of the main Window) and scroll down until you see "NI xxxx" Services.  You should have about 16-20 listed.  I'd also look for Configuration Manager, though your Device might not use it.

I noticed you didn't have VISA loaded.  When I've seen strange Device Mappings for USB devices (similar to what you are showing), it was sometimes a problem with VISA.  In any case, I've not built a LabVIEW system in over a decade without VISA --  you might try adding it.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(970 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

@billko makes a good point.  To find out what NI services you are running (I'm assuming Windows 10), type "Services" in the Search Bar (lower left corner of the main Window) and scroll down until you see "NI xxxx" Services.  You should have about 16-20 listed.  I'd also look for Configuration Manager, though your Device might not use it.

I noticed you didn't have VISA loaded.  When I've seen strange Device Mappings for USB devices (similar to what you are showing), it was sometimes a problem with VISA.  In any case, I've not built a LabVIEW system in over a decade without VISA --  you might try adding it.

Bob Schor

I think "Configuration Manger" service enables connection to the NI-MAX database?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(960 Views)