LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem : Lab View Program doesn't run smoothly and fast

Hello all,

I found out one big problem in Lab View which is the program become slower when I execute it as the program growing larger and bigger. Sometimes,the program will automatic stop and not responding due to unstable and need to open again.

I m currently using the Lab View 2015 version.

If anyone have any solution or ideas,feel free to comment and answer. I really appreciate for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(2,919 Views)

Hi,

Is it your program that's creating the problems ? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(2,912 Views)

Nope.Jay0909. My program is free from any error. It become slow as I add more features to it. I m thinking if there is any way that I m able to make my program become more stable and run faster in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(2,904 Views)

Then you're doing something wrong. Are you e.g. using Event structure with a Producer/Consumer pattern, possibly with several consumers if it's slow processes? You should.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(2,897 Views)

To Yamaeda,

Can you further explain of what I m doing wrong. Ya, I m using a lot of consumer/Producer event structure in my program.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(2,885 Views)

Hi,

Can you post your vi?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(2,884 Views)

Hello Jay,

your explanation is very unspecific. There are some programming paradigms that help you to keep your program maintainable, extensible and responsive.

• Which one did you implement?
  • How did you do it?
  • Can you post your VI?
  • If not, can you make a stripped down version of your VI? Does it have then the same problems you are facing with your project?

You wrote, that you use the producer-consumer-pattern a lot. Does it mean, you use a lot independent producers and consumers? How did you implement it?

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(2,878 Views)

@jay689 wrote:

Nope.Jay0909. My program is free from any error. It become slow as I add more features to it. I m thinking if there is any way that I m able to make my program become more stable and run faster in the future.

No program is ever free from error, so please be reasonable.

Does the program get slower during editing as you add more features or does it become slower the longer it runs? What does the program do? How do you measure the speed. Is the execution speed actually slow or is it just sluggish when responding to user interactions? What is the CPU use when the program gets slow? How about memory use over time? Are there many loops that spin as fast as the computer allows? Does the program interact with instruments or third party drivers? Are you setting any unusual priorities? How quickly do your event complete?

Obviously, you are doing something wrong because there are very big LabVIEW program that don't have that problem. Unless you show is some code, we cannot really help.

Message 8 of 18
(2,870 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@jay689 wrote:

Nope.Jay0909. My program is free from any error.

No program is ever free from error, so please be reasonable.

I took this as a joke and I admit I even laughed (shortly).
We all have our dreams... Smiley Wink
Greets, Dave
Message 9 of 18
(2,856 Views)

@jay689 wrote:

My program is free from any error. 

LOL famous last words...

Anyway nobody can help you unless you post your code.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(2,817 Views)