LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probing the wire of a PPL class

Hello,

Is anyone aware of a way to probe a wire of a class built as a packed project library (PPL), to be able to see the private data of the class, other than creating a custom probe for the class? The generic probe only displays the actual data type of the PPL class, but nothing more.

If the custom probe is the only way out, would I have to create custom probes for each descendant of a parent class that already includes a custom probe, in order to see the data stored in the parent?

Thanks!

---
SergioR
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,931 Views)

Hey SergioR,

When you create the PPL there is an option under the Advanced tab of the build specifications where you can enable debugging. If you do this, you can explore wire values of private members. 

Hopefully this helps!

Mitch

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,871 Views)

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately, it does not help me achieve what I intend. Beware that I would like to probe class wires in the PPL.

Enabling debugging in the Advanced tab of the build specification includes block diagrams in the PPL and allows to debug the execution. However, placing the standard wire probe on a class wire, does not show any information about the contest of the wire, as normally shown working with source code. The probe only displays a string that tells the actual data type of the class wire, for example, "something.lvlibp:something.lvclass".

Thanks,

---
SergioR
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,867 Views)