LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printng Barocodes

Hi,

I am looking to insert a barocde of my product serial number in to a MsWord template to get it printed using LabVIEW. Anybody have any idea how to do this?

Many thanks for any response. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,505 Views)

This could help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,485 Views)

That depends on the encoding. There are quite a few barcodes.

They are usually well specified. Simply drawing thin and thick lines in a picture control (or even in a 2D array that converts to a pixmap) isn't that hard.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,453 Views)

Depending on your requirements, There are .NET libraries like Zxing that will accept a string and generate various barcode formats.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,444 Views)

Hi JB,

Thanks for the your reply with the link, Now I am able to generate the decide barcode and convert it to a .jpeg. In the link the session Writing a Barcode to a Report Using Report Generation Toolkit says about printing the barcode on word but I think it is creating a new report , I need to include this generated barcode in an existing wordfile at defined location.

Hope I explained well. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,411 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,405 Views)

rajeevan@1978 wrote:

Thanks for the your reply with the link, Now I am able to generate the decide barcode and convert it to a .jpeg. In the link the session Writing a Barcode to a Report Using Report Generation Toolkit says about printing the barcode on word but I think it is creating a new report , I need to include this generated barcode in an existing wordfile at defined location.

If you can set the report font, you might be able to simply paste the text in the report. If that is how you generate the image. With the barcode font it will show up as barcode.

A text seems a bit more elegant than an image. But I'm not sure if Word will embed the font. If not, it will not show properly on computers that don't have the font. It's something I would (briefly) explore...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,399 Views)

Hi JB,

The information supplied by you really was helpful and I am able to complete my application to an extend. Is there any way to vary the size of the barcode generated to, I want to fit the same in my limited space in my template. I am attaching the VI which provide me the barcode. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,356 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for posting your suggestions on my query. As you said a text is always better to present than an image in the case of barcode. So far all the effort to do the same not found any success. So I am continuing with the image at the moment. 

Thanks to everybody. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,352 Views)