From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing barcodes vertically

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using the front panel of a VI to print a 4x2 label that has a barcode on it.  I am using the caption of a string indicator for the barcode.  I am using the "free 3 of 9" font for the barcode font.   The barcode runs horizontally.  This barcode contains a part number     (ei  *ALY01320U*)  I use a property node to enter the data into the caption of the string indicator.   This works great and my scanner reads the barcode correctly.  I need to have this barcode run vertically.  However when I rotate the barcode vertically and print the label the scanner will not read it.  Does anyone have a solution for this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,127 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cmachnowski

Hi cmachnowski,

use a 2DPictureIndicator to draw your barcode: use the Text function with your font.

Then you can easily rotate the image by 90°…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(2,065 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi cmachnowski,

use a 2DPictureIndicator to draw your barcode: use the Text function with your font.

Then you can easily rotate the image by 90°…

Very cool solution!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,039 Views)

Thanks GerdW  this works great.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,035 Views)