From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing a doc or pdf file in Labview

how to print a doc or pdf file in labview?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,954 Views)

You could search the forum and use for instance the first hit.

Note that printing something without any dialog is very tricky. For instance Acrobat will show a dialog. Only way around it is using postscript command line (tricky). And that probably won't work for .doc files.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,925 Views)

PDFCreator has a .net or COM interface. I have it working without a dialog box. Do a search on it, there is code out there you can use. Sorry, not in front of my computer right now. You have to use the paid version but it is not expensive.

barry

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,895 Views)

@BarryGRAEllc wrote:

You have to use the paid version but it is not expensive.

That's odd, as it states here

• PDFCreator is Open Source software and licensed under the terms of the Affero General Public License (AGPL) to give you the maximum freedom
  • You are free to use PDFCreator at home or at work
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,876 Views)

For use programmatically, you must have the paid version which I believe is a different download. The free version will not respond via COM/.net

It is not clearly said on the site but if you look at the features for the PRO version I think it is listed.

Barry

barry

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,866 Views)