From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print to Zebra TLP2844 using concatenate strings

Hi,

Is it possible to use a concatenate string to print to the Zebra TLP 2844 label printer? I have set up my templates using ELP in a constant and they print off fine but now I need to be able to allow the user to enter information each time the program is run. I have split the code up into a concatenate strings and added controls but now the label won't print. I have checked the ELP code and it seems fine. Do I need to add a line feed constant after ever line after my control "? Any ideas are much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,050 Views)

There shouldn't be a problem to do this. Have you looked at the output of the concatentate stirng? Is it similar to the constant you have?

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,049 Views)

Yes. The outputs are identical apart from the controls which I have added. I do not get an error of any sort, it just dosen't print.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,047 Views)

EPL is picky about the end of lines. I would make sure that you are terminating each command line with a line feed. It will ignore the carriage return if it is included. The important part is that each command must be on its own line.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,032 Views)

Thanks, I have it working now. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,030 Views)