LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print SubPanel

With the vi "Easy Print VI Panel..." it is possible to print the front panel of a vi. This works fine as long as the vi is not in a SubPanel.

When I want to print the SubPanel the main vi hangs. With the "Abort Execution" it is possible to terminate the main vi. After that the output is printed.

Have you experienced the same behavior?

Thank you for your help

Stefan von Kaenel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,307 Views)

Hi Stefan,

I have tried this example: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-28142 Please make sure you use the VI "Dispose Report".

If you are still facing this problem, could you please share your code (or an example that causes code with the same error). Which LabVIEW Version are you using?

Regards,
Thomas Just | Applications Engineering | National Instruments | NIG |

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,279 Views)

Hi Thomas

The vi "Dispose Report" did not help. Please see the attachment. It is a simple state machine.

I want to use the ease print vi to only print a portion of my vi.

We use LabView 2012 SP1 f3

Thanks

Stefan von Kaenel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,257 Views)

Hi Stefan

I am sorry, but I can´t reproduce the behaviour of your VI. After pressing the print button, the path and the message "please print this" is printed immediately. I don´t need to stop the vi.

I tried this in LabVIEW 2012 and LabVIEW 2012 SP1 f3.

Can you check it on another computer?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,236 Views)

Hi Thomas

Now it works. The three loops in my three vis consumed 100% cpu time. Because of that printing lasted about 3 minutes.

With some wait times and a "Wait For Front Panel Activity" I could solve the problem.

Thank you

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,223 Views)