LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Header Information with an Executable File

Good Morning!

I have a LabView file that I have written to record data from testing equipment.  Once the test is complete, I have programmed it to automatically print out a picture of the front panel of the vi at the end of the test along with a header on the sheet that contains information such as date recorded, file path, etc. 

The program works fine when I run it righ tout of LabView, but when I transform it into an executable file there seems to be a problem.  Once testing is complete, it automatically prints the front panel of the vi out just like I want it to, but the header information does not appear! 

I really don't understand why it would work running right of LabVIEW and act differently as an executable.  Any help or advice with this problem would be greatly appreciated. 

Let me know if I have been to vague and should be more specific.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,053 Views)
It sounds like you might have a filepath problem.  If your VI is looking for a file in a specific place then you will have to modify the path (strip one level I think?) to find it when running an executable. 
LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,050 Views)