Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preloading VIs into memory without executing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello.

I have a problem with preloading...

I've been using a dummy VI to keep important SubVIs in the memory in labview 10. Didnt even had to run it, just throw its reference into a global var. The SubVI was there, in memory, when some dynamic VI needed it.

After upgrading to labview 11 the memory management apparently changed and that method doesent work anymore. I trie to run the dummy VI continiously, but even if it runs, it's SubVIs are not in memory.

They only load if i have an eye contact with them, AKA open the block diagram.

All SubVIs are set to preload with caller, but they just dont... 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,497 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author UFOslava

Try using Static VI references. These should make sure the VIs are loaded into memory.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,492 Views)

@dan_u wrote:

Try using Static VI references.

I'll try that right away. Will it work if i copy whole program to a new directory?
Static VI references tend to rely on the full path, while my path should remain dynamic... (im calling on the parent VI by relative path, while SubVIs in it are relative path dependent too)

Message 3 of 4
(2,486 Views)

Static VI references should be like SubVIs. When you move the whole hierarchy to a new location they should be fine (they work with relative paths normally).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,483 Views)