cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-build VI with functional frontpanel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I've made a light CDS_manager VI which allow me to select the value of my Conditional Disable Symbols (CDS) in my project which I use as a sort of "include" so that it's possible to use different libraries in different builds.

Now I've decided to run it in as pre-build VI in order to see and edit the CDSs just at build time.

When I run the build specification I can see my CDS_manager VI front panel however it's inaccessible because the pane which shows the percentage of the build process looks like a MODAL VI.

I know that i can work around making a pre-build VI for each build specification which edit the CDSs with constant values so that the VI finishes by itself but my mind is a bit tricky :D.

By the way I'd like to know if someone has already found a way to use the front panel of a pre-build VI.

P.S. I'm sorry but i can't share VI from my work place

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,311 Views)

Did you make your own VI modal as well?

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,302 Views)

No, I didn't try yet.

I don't know if neither the builder has a modal VI nor a second modal VI stays over the first modal.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,293 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ico82

It should work, it worked for me in this instance (password entry window stays over build process window):

Spoiler
FireFist-Redhawk_0-1607523718559.png
Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

Message 4 of 5
(1,283 Views)

Great, I've tried just now. It work

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,277 Views)