LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre and Post build VIs

Solved!
Go to solution

In the pre and post build VIs we have the option of running, is there any way to get which build spec they were launched from (i.e. if you have multiple builds in a project)? Also, is there a way to pull the output directory via property nodes, or do I have to parse the project XML?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,721 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GregFreeman

I did a quick test with a Pre-Built VI and the template that's created by the build spec already provides the two items you requested inherently.  I just wired up some indicators and forced the FP to show to test, but I'd imagine you could log it to a file or pass it into something else as needed.

prebuild.png

output.png

This is with LV 2013 (32-bit).

Message 2 of 5
(2,701 Views)

I had always completely overlooked that template. The generate VI button is right there staring at me...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,684 Views)

@GregFreeman wrote:

I had always completely overlooked that template. The generate VI button is right there staring at me...

Thanks!

Next step Greg:  Please invent someting that will roll easilly!Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,652 Views)

Pre and Post build VIs are one of my favorite build tools, but I rarely use them because it usually makes other team members uncomfortable.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,619 Views)