From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power supply switching

HI

I want to switch off and ON agilest 5477 power supply. Once power supply is  ON  the output is set to Volts  and it remains same till 15 minutes and after that it should switch to 8 volts for a time 15 sec and again it switch back to V till 15 min this cycle should continue till user stops.

Iam new to LV ,  help me build LV code

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,312 Views)

@SwamyM wrote:

Hi Swamy,

I'll suggest you to come up with some idea and try to make some code and that's how you'll learn LabVIEW.

Say if you have any specific problem, feel free to post here and someone will definitely try to help you out...!!

Can you post what you had build so far??

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,304 Views)

@SwamyM wrote:

HI

I want to switch off and ON agilest 5477 power supply. Once power supply is  ON  the output is set to Volts  and it remains same till 15 minutes and after that it should switch to 8 volts for a time 15 sec and again it switch back to V till 15 min this cycle should continue till user stops.

• how do you communicate to the power supply to tell it what to do?
  • a simple state machine will cycle through your case statements with elapsed timer vi ,communication protocols, shift registers, while loop and stop terminal control  Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,299 Views)

@SwamyM wrote:

HI

I've programmed Agilent supplies before. Typically they are RS232 or GPIB. Which interface is the power supply you are trying to communicate with ? The user manual comes with a list of commands for each of the functions you wish to perform. I suggest you identify those first. Then anyone here can help you build your LabVIEW code ... we won't be building it though 🙂

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,287 Views)
As far as I can tell, there is no 5477 from Agilent so your first task would be to determine the actual model number. Then, you can use Help> Find Instrument Drivers.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,276 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
As far as I can tell, there is no 5477 from Agilent so your first task would be to determine the actual model number. Then, you can use Help> Find Instrument Drivers.

i looked for both 5447 Agilent and Agilest power supplies....none to be found? Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,269 Views)