LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power supply controller Keithley 24xx via GPIB

Hello, I work first time with Keithley 24xx, I need to control power supply via labview. I ahve read a lot of exapmles according them i started to build my controller but there is some mistakes. 

BR 

Doni

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,422 Views)

Hi Doniyor,

warm welcome to the LabVIEW forum!

@Doniyor wrote:

I ahve read a lot of exapmles according them i started to build my controller but there is some mistakes. 

Which "mistakes"? Any error messages?

It seems you are using some device driver VIs, but installed them in an unusual place.

It also seems you don't switch off the K24xx output after the loop as you wire a TRUE to "EnableOutput"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,414 Views)

here mistakes: 

Keithley 24XX.lvlib:Error Query.vi<ERR>
Instrument reports:
822,"Too small for sense range"
0,"No error"

<b>Complete call chain:</b>
Keithley 24XX.lvlib:Error Query.vi
Keithley 24XX.lvlib:Configure Output.vi
Voltage output.vi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,409 Views)

Hi Doni,

@Doniyor wrote:

Instrument reports: 822,"Too small for sense range"

This is an error occuring within your Keithley device. It is explained in the user manual for your device!

(As far as I remember Keithleys manuals even give suggestions to avoid those errors.)

From message I guess you need to select a different measurement range…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,405 Views)

Yesterday I modified and change a little bit but Keithley doesnt show datas which i supply 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,342 Views)

Hi Doniyor,

you are using "German" regional settings (or a very similar regional setting) in your computer account, with a comma as decimal separator.

Those Keithley VIs are made for "English" regional settings, expecting a point as decimal separator.

The Keithley device follows the SCPI standard and also expects a point as decimal separator…

Do you see the problem?

Several options:

• Use English numeric formats, with a point as decimal separator.
  • Set LabVIEW to NOT follow the OS settings, but stick to English numeric formats.
  • Edit the whole Keithley VI library to correctly format numeric values into strings as expected by the device.

(In my department I advise all colleagues to use English numeric formats to avoid any problems with hardware and other software. I only give support on software problems when they follow my suggestion…)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,322 Views)

Hi,

There were changed smth. I supply 2V Keithley24XX shows everythings is right that what I supplied but after contact with element voltage change accidently.

I attached file. Please any advise

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,278 Views)