LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Quality Monitoring

hi guys,,
I was realy havin much headache with my senior project regarding Online Power Quality Monitoring using LabVIEW,,
If it's possible could any body help with this project by any code examples about this topic.

What I was mostly having trouples with is, the plot of the power profile and how can I keep monitoring the power from 00:00 am to the same time the next day so if i came in afternoon time i can see the whole plot since 00:00 so far, and the plot will start again on the next day.
Other stuff is about recording the interval voltage dips take place, I couldn't come with a way of writing each interval in a separate file. as well as plotting the dips.

It's just three weeks from the due date,, and any help will be extremely appreciated.

best regards,,
Fahad
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,643 Views)

What devices are you using to monitor the power?? How often are you sampling the data?? What labview software are you using??

Probably a waveform chart to display the data, with the history length equal to the number of samples in a day. The chart would be placed inside a while loop that reads your sensor at the sample rate.

We really need some more info and a look at your code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,630 Views)
I am using a LabVIEW 7.0
So far I'm just simulating the monitoring design

I'll attach the file to make it clear for you,,
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,617 Views)

Too many charts and too wide of screen for an HMI design. If you need all of the charts, then look at a Tab control to separate the views. However the charts will require a ton of memory.

I think you need to look at how you are going to acquire your data first. Then process it. Then display it. How much data will be measured and how much will be calculated?? If it is all measured, then look at using clusters to combine similar readings. Voltage phases in one cluster, Current in another cluster... 

How long will the calculations take on the measured data?? Is the processing slower than the sample rate. Then you will need a queue to buffer the data until it is all processed.

If you can read the data, make some calculations, then store it all in a big array or database?? It may be easier to acquire the data, write it to a database, then query what you want to display out of the database. If the data structure doesn't use a ton of memory, you may be able to use a LV2 functional global to hold the data. The functional global controls writing data into the buffer and what is read from the buffer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,607 Views)
You could use a while loop controled by a time stamp compairison to control the file write portion.  Clear the graphs and get a new file name at midnight every day.  Frankly, there is an awful lot going on and I am having a hard time trying to figure out what would be the best way to split up the two while loops.

Man, I wish I had a whole three weeks to write my programs Robot wink
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,604 Views)
I agree with the other comments posted.

I would implement this as two or three independent state machines. One for the user interface. One for data acquisition. And a third for saving to the file(s). Pass data and commands (which are also data, of course) between the state machines with queues (mostly) and LV2-style globals (for large arrays). Search the examples for "Producer Consumer".

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,594 Views)
Thanks so much guys,,

I'll try implementing ur suggestions

hey jasonhill,, it's not the only thing i've gotta do within three weeks
so many projects and courses must be taken in account since the semister is about to finish
but u r right i was supposed not to delay stuffs til the end 😞

cheers
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,582 Views)

hi

im working on the similar project would really be helpfull if u can upload the full working file.

im having trouble with the current file uploaded. please send me as soon as possible

thanks

naman 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,964 Views)

I have same problem

i have done my project

but i want to take the power value every  1 min  and after 15 min will take the average power value and make it as a ponit in a graph power vs time

start 00:00 and next point 00:15  and so one to 24 hour and save it

i am waiting your help how to do it

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,836 Views)

@gfvjhvbvb wrote:

I have same problem

i have done my project

but i want to take the power value every  1 min  and after 15 min will take the average power value and make it as a ponit in a graph power vs time

start 00:00 and next point 00:15  and so one to 24 hour and save it

i am waiting your help how to do it

thank you

duplicate post

(Actually a school project, so for others: please do not provide the solution.)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,815 Views)