LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential LV8.20 Upgrade Bug

Can you tell me if there is a bug with the LV 8.20 upgrade?  We have noticed after the upgrade from LV 8.0.1 to LV 8.20 that the DSC Valve Controls (2D or 3D version I'm not sure of at this point) have to be double clicked to hold their intended position.  For example, if you click the valve control to open a valve it will open (turn green) and then close about 1-2 seconds later (turn red).  You have to click the valve control a second time to make it stay open (green).  The first click physically opens the valve it controls and stays open when the control changes after 1-2 seconds.  The valve control did not behave this way under LV 8.0.1.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,113 Views)

I am hot on the trail of LV 8.2 DSC bugs and I have not seen or heard about anything like what you described.

Could you please post some code that demonstrates the behaviour?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,102 Views)
Not sure how to include the VI as an attachment.  The VI is 99% shared variables, so I'm not sure you would be able to see it work if I did.  Any other suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,092 Views)

I just tested the valve booleans i use in my application and they work fine for me.

If you copy the boolean in question to a new VI and remove its binding to the shared variable, THEN run continuous the new VI (phew),

does it work correctly?

If so, I suspect a race condition.

One way or another, to get a bug fixed we have to give NI an example that demonstrate the issue.

Try throwing away parts of your VI until you have simplified the code as much as possible and then use the "Attachment" option (its below the "Submit Post" button) to post your example.

Trying to help,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,082 Views)
Not sure if it makes a difference, but we are not using a typical boolean.  It is a 2D or 3D valve from the DSC Module.  It worked fine under LV 8.0.1, but after the upgrade to LV 8.20 it started misperforming.  The VI couldn't get much simpler.  It is a vacuum map HMI with a While Loop / Stop Boolean, the reset is all Shared Variables (DSC Module valves and standard indicators).  I will try replacing the DSC Module Valve while under LV 8.20 to see if it remedies the problem, but the main problems still applies - the performance of the DSC Module Valve seems to be different after the upgrade to LV 8.20
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,063 Views)
I tried the boolean valves from the DSC palette in my test.

If you zip-up your project and all the support files you can post in a reply to this thread.

We can then take a look and either get this bug reported or offer advise on how to fix this issue.

That is all I can do for now.

Ben

Quoting from Michael Aivaliotis's signature,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,042 Views)