LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible bug with Tab Control and Context Help?

I created Description and Tip text for each Tab of a tab control I am using on my front panel.  I have a subVI that is called by selecting a menu item from my main front panel.  The subVI's front panel also has a menu system and a Tab Control.  I have Description and Tip text written for each of the tabs on the subVI's front panel.

When I enable context help from the menu of my main VI, the proper help text shows up for the tabs on the main vi and, when I bring up the subVI's front panel, for its tabs as well.

So far so good...

Now I builld the application and run it as an executable.  For ALL of my panel tab descriptions, I get the tab's label in bold text, but no description (just a blank area).

Is this a bug in LabVIEW?

Kevin 
Message 1 of 9
(3,772 Views)
Hi Kevin,

This was reported to R&D (3Z54F07U) for further investigation. A possible workaround is to use the tool tip for short descriptions or to document all tabs in the tab control description.  Thanks for the feedback!!  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,753 Views)
I'm still seeing this behavior in LV8.2.1.  Does anyone know if/when it was fixed?  Also, my tip strips show up in the corner of the monitor when I mouse over a tab (in both the executable and the development version).

Message Edited by wired on 10-17-2007 03:01 PM

Message 3 of 9
(3,620 Views)

@wired wrote:
I'm still seeing this behavior in LV8.2.1.  Does anyone know if/when it was fixed?  Also, my tip strips show up in the corner of the monitor when I mouse over a tab (in both the executable and the development version).

I see it still even in 8.5. Smiley Surprised 

The Help part of the bug is still NOT fixeed by NI. Smiley Mad

But I dont get the tool tip appearing in the corner of the monitor, it is showing up as usual. Smiley Happy

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,604 Views)

Hi,

I also see this bug with LabVIEW 2010, but with the little difference, that the bold text is also missing!

The context help window grows to a big one with a blank area.

But there is an active scrollbar on the right side. And if I move the scrollbar down, I can see my text for the tab.

EmptyContextHelp.jpg

ContextHelp.jpg

This only happens if there is an description for each tab.

Regards,

Thilo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,163 Views)

Yes, unfortunately this bug has not yet been fixed in 2010 or 2011 (CAR #36393)

However, there is a work-around. You have two choices:

1. For short descriptions use the tool tip.
2. For longer descriptions, document all tabs in the Tab Control Description and not in the pages.

Colden
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,138 Views)

Hi Colden R,

Thank you for the information!

Best regards,

Thilo

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,120 Views)

Hello all,

Is there is any update about this Bug?.

Still same bug exists in LabVIEW-2014

Tab-Context help.png

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,034 Views)

From the snaps you've posted, looks like the bug has not yet been fixed.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,002 Views)