LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Documentation Bug with LVMerge

I'm working on getting everything setup to use a source control program (Git) with LabVIEW. So far I've had success using appropiate tools for merging vi, ctl, lvproj, lvclass, lvlib, seq extensions. I'm a little bit confused over the llb extension.

If I manually call the Tools/Merge/Merge LLB... from the menu, it pulls up a nice UI and I can walk through the llb and determine each vi that was changed and merge appropitately. However, when I read the help file on doing it by command prompt. it states: "You also can configure a third-party source control provider to use LVMerge.exe as the default merge application. LVMerge.exe is equivalent to the Select LLBs to Merge dialog box." Source. When I attempt to call that. It generates an error code 7, NI_FileType.lvlib:Get File Type.vi.

So the question comes, is this a bug in documentation, or a bug in code. And what work around is there so I can call the true merge llb by command prompt?

Certified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpgCertified_TestStand_Architect_rgb.jpg

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Bernard Books

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,435 Views)

bump bump. Anyone know of a way to call a llb-merge via command line?

Certified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpgCertified_TestStand_Architect_rgb.jpg

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Bernard Books

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,413 Views)

Hi,

You can check some information about LVMerge.exe at the following link:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvhowto/configmerge_thirdparty/

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,403 Views)

Hi did you find a solution? I feel like a fool not finding the right solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,858 Views)

What happens if you simply pass the path to the VIs? Omitting the library. The VI knows it is owned by the library, and I somewhat expect it to find it's library when loaded on it's own (by the LVMerge).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,854 Views)

Hi wiebe@CARYA,

actually i want to merge VIs, so my point is maybe a lite different, I tried to call LVMerge directly as well as from within my SourcetTee but I cant get it open. it allays ends with an error 7 file not found.

I'm passing absolute paths that are proven to be valid.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,831 Views)

@M.R.S. wrote:

Hi wiebe@CARYA,

actually i want to merge VIs, so my point is maybe a lite different, I tried to call LVMerge directly as well as from within my SourcetTee but I cant get it open. it allays ends with an error 7 file not found.

I'm passing absolute paths that are proven to be valid.

Are the paths quoted? That is required if there are spaces in the paths. In general, when using the command line, not just or specificly for LVMerge.

EDIT double quoted: LVMerge "c:\my vi 1.vi" "c:\my vi 2.vi"

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,827 Views)