LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Bug for Simulated Instruments in MAX

The following may be a BUG, or my MAX installation is hosed. Any suggestions welcomed, already tried deleting the database in MAX. Is it also quite possible I am missing something obvious.

This problem appears to occur BOTH in MAX and the program I am working on. I will give steps on how to recreate below in MAX.

Simulated instruments are a great feature when using LabVIEW, during work-at-home times, it has been an invaluable feature. However, when using some simulated instruments I noticed a strange feature/bug.

Use MAX to do the following:

1. Create two cDAQ chassis - a single slot chassis (9171) and a multislot chassis like the 9174
  2. Any the following device to each chassis a cDAQ 9209. The 9209 according to its specs has a max rate of 500 Sa/s for acquisition.
  3. Open up Test Panels in MAX for each device, set acquire mode to continuous, samples to 100, sample rate to 1000Hz.
  4. The single slot chassis gives an error as expected, the sampling rate is too high, whereas the multislot chassis has no problem with higher sampling rates. See screen shot below.

I am using LabVIEW 2020, DAQmx 20.1 or whatever the latest version is, see below. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

mcduff

Simulated InstrumentsSimulated InstrumentsSoftwareSoftwareNo error for one chassis, error for single slot chassisNo error for one chassis, error for single slot chassis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(868 Views)

Last time I checked (a few years ago), the simulated sample rate is also off.

Each data cycle produces one sample too much. So 1000 Hz with a .1 second cycle actually simulates 1010 Hz... (There are 99 samples in a period [0, 0.1), not 100.)

I noticed this with simpler DAQmx USB devices, but it could be a general problem.

Message 2 of 3
(743 Views)

The simulated instruments are extremely useful, but seem a bit buggy.

mcduff

Message 3 of 3
(736 Views)