LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Position monitorig

I am looking for a easy solution to monitor the velocity of a big object, like a car. My idea is the use of a GPS antenna reading the position at few Hz but I found only a garmin USB GPS antenna on the market. Unfortunately the supplier cannot guarantee that it can be programmed in labvew 8.2.

Do you have any already tested solution for me?

Thank you very much

giovanni balbinot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,489 Views)
As it is a USB device, it will ship with dll libraries. If the manufacturer can supply datasheets on the dll files, you can use the call dll node in LV to control / monitor the device.
(2,488 Views)
Some times USB devices creat virtual COM Port in your system. After you could use COM Port communication.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,479 Views)
What kind of precision are you looking for? The PXI-6682 does position measurement...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,459 Views)

I don't need high resolution. Even 10 meters could be fine. But the system should be very small and a PXI crate seems to me too big and heavy. I would need also a mains cable and I would prefer to avoid it.

thank you

giovanni

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,444 Views)
I have a GPS antenna from Rand McNally (that was the name on it!) that hooks up to a serial port.  I got it in 2001, so you could probably get one pretty cheap.
-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,432 Views)