LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portability of a VI from a computer to another

DensSolutions provides a system to measure temperature. It looks like a black box.  One plug goes to the computer with a USB (I guess the NI USB 6501 is inside the box). Another plug goes to a temperature sensor. I am going to do the tests as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(522 Views)

Ok.

Just to make sure I understand well :

- You don't have any nude NI 6501 ?

- Your DensSolutions measuring box + the code you posted works fine on your computer 1, isn't it ?

- You are currently installing DAQmx on computer 2 ?

Best,

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(516 Views)

It is exactly  that. But I do not understand. The buttons of NI DAQmx do not appear in Labview. I took NI DAQ 9.5.5 for Labview 2013. The VI was built with Labview 2012 I guess. Why do not I have

the DAQmx tasks ?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(503 Views)

DAQmx 9.5.5 is not compatible with LabVIEW 2013.  You need at least 9.7.5.  The latest is 9.9.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 14 of 22
(496 Views)

Before using Labview, you should try using NI MAX first.  If it is working with NI MAX, it is also gonna work with Labview.

Do you know NI MAX ? It looks like that :

Capture_MAX.PNG

What are you meaning by " The buttons of NI DAQmx do not appear in Labview ". 

So far, I don't think the issue is due to software or drivers versions.

Let me know about the tests. A screen shot of your MAX window would also be great.

Best,

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(495 Views)

On my MAX, I do not have the symbol of a card. I have the symbol of the USB. Is it important ?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(490 Views)

@gautierdufourcq wrote:

On my MAX, I do not have the symbol of a card. I have the symbol of the USB. Is it important ?

If you have a USB device connected, then you should see the USB icon.  It is totally dependant on what you have connected to your systems.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(486 Views)

How do I do to have the symbol of the card ? Is there a correct way to connect ?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(482 Views)

You don't need to have a card symbol. 

I have a yellow card symbol because my NI 6501 is a simulated device.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(479 Views)

Plus, here is the KB that explain which version of NI DAQmx is compatible with which version of Labview :

NI-DAQ and LabVIEW Version Compatibility (for Windows)

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(474 Views)