cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popping out another VI when my mouse scroll over the smart meter

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I would like to ask how to do make the diagram from another VI pop out when my cursor hover over the smart meter and disappear when my cursor leave the smart meter? Example, when I hover my mouse over the smart meter between node E and F, I want the diagram in NodeEF.vi to pop out and disappear once my cursor leave the smart meter. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,314 Views)

what do you mean by popping out?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,301 Views)

Like when my cursor is on the smart meter ( the black box thing) on the main frame, the diagram from another vi will appear. Once my cursor is not on the smart meter, the diagram will disappear

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,288 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Olso

Hi Olso,

you can achieve your result using events: there are MouseEnter and MouseLeave events to detect the mouse movements. Upon those events you can show/hide/place the frontpanel of your other VI…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 14
(3,284 Views)

Is there a video or tutorial on it? Cause I'm abit confuse on how to do the block diagram in the event structure, thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,281 Views)
Solution

Hi Olso,

tutorials about LabVIEW are found here under "LabVIEW Training resources".

You need to learn about using the event structure and property/method nodes (to show/hide/move frontpanels/windows)…

Example:

check.png

Showing a help message upon "mouse enter" event for two frontpanel elements. (The "mouse leave" event clears the message…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 14
(3,276 Views)

This really intrigued me as a UI feature that I have never considered doing, and as I would probably be interested in using it myself I have thrown something together for you as an example.

I haven't used your files as I couldn't work out what your main UI was. I have also put it together very quickly so I haven't had time to properly style it; no error handling etc. But it will give you a good idea on how this could be achieved.

Message 7 of 14
(3,268 Views)

Thank you, I will check it out in school next week as only my school computer have the labview program. My main VI is my main frame, sorry for the messy sorting for my project.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,262 Views)

I have just read through the comments in this. If you are new to LabVIEW I would recommend doing some of the tutorials as Gerd mentioned. Three main things you will need to understand what I have done:

event structures

asynchronous calls

occurrences 

Message 9 of 14
(3,256 Views)
Solution

@Niatross wrote:

This really intrigued me as a UI feature that I have never considered doing, and as I would probably be interested in using it myself I have thrown something together for you as an example.

I haven't used your files as I couldn't work out what your main UI was. I have also put it together very quickly so I haven't had time to properly style it; no error handling etc. But it will give you a good idea on how this could be achieved.

Not what the OP asked for, but definitely cool.  I've cleaned it up a bit.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 10 of 14
(3,217 Views)