LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop up window problem in exe application

Good day to all!

I have get a problem with pop-up window from subVI after build EXE application from VI.

In project it works fine. First we see a start-up VI then appear a pop-up window from subVI with choosing a device. After choosing and pressing OK button this window dissapear.

If we build EXE application from the project, and run EXE application than first we see a start-up VI then appear and lickety-split dissappear pop-up window from subVI without choosing a device.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,622 Views)

Please post your code as an attachment. Seeing your code will make it a lot easier for us to understand your problem.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,599 Views)

I'm guessing you have some sort of error in the the pop-up (like an init error on one of your devices) and so avoids whatever condition you have set to make it stay open and you don't have the error out wired anywhere but you don't know this because building an executable disables automatic error handling.

[edit] In case anyone is wondering, I borrowed Jeff's magic 8-ball, but I'm not quite sure if I'm using it correctly. [/edit]

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,579 Views)

@billko wrote:

I'm guessing you have some sort of error in the the pop-up (like an init error on one of your devices) and so avoids whatever condition you have set to make it stay open and you don't have the error out wired anywhere but you don't know this because building an executable disables automatic error handling.

[edit] In case anyone is wondering, I borrowed Jeff's magic 8-ball, but I'm not quite sure if I'm using it correctly. [/edit]

Seems to be working well for you.  The OP must not be using a standard built in prompt.  The Xvi wouldn't open if there was an error in and the 1-2-3 button dialogs don't care about error in.

A safe bet that the OP has the vi-proprties set to open when called close afterwards and added standard error functionality.

Another case for handeling those darned properties inside the sub.vi like so.

Prompt(VISA).png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 18
(3,565 Views)

Thanks to all for support!

Added an application VI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,535 Views)

There is no solution yet.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,474 Views)

You should probably zip up your project, or at least include the main VI and the subVI that is causing you the trouble.  We can't help you troubleshoot what we can't see.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,459 Views)

You should probably zip up your project, or at least include the main VI and the subVI that is causing you the trouble.  We can't help you troubleshoot what we can't see.  :smileywink:

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)

You 'll find .zip file of project.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,442 Views)

@Dionis wrote:

You should probably zip up your project, or at least include the main VI and the subVI that is causing you the trouble.  We can't help you troubleshoot what we can't see.  :smileywink:

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)

You 'll find .zip file of project.

Capture.PNG

Thats what we can see

You zipped the *lvproj file.  Thats really only a xml file that contains the information about where to find the files you want us to look at.

Which means I know you have a richo cx1 camera.  But I don't have the dll or <instrlib>/Sensr - CX1/Device Name Dialog.vi"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,437 Views)

You are right!

Also added a device library.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,416 Views)