From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop up window problem in exe application

Model.png

The problem is in "SELECT DEVICE" VI. In project it works well, but not working in EXE application.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(786 Views)

Hello Dionis

Are you receiving any errors in your program?  Have you tried looking into wiring your error handling more diligently?  I agree that this is a good place to start.  

Best wishes!

Amanda B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(754 Views)

You have no error handling and auto-error handling is turned off when you make anexecutable.  Slap on a simple error handler.vi to the end and rebuild the application.

[edit] additionally, for t-shooting purposes, put a shift register on the while loop on your error cluster so you don't miss anything.  After t-shooting, add proper error handling as the last thing inside your loop and then you can get rid of the shift register. [/edit]

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(745 Views)

@Bellissima wrote:

Hello @Dionis

Are you receiving any errors in your program?  Have you tried looking into wiring your error handling more diligently?  I agree that this is a good place to start.  

Best wishes!

Good day, Amanda!

In project it works fine. When we run project first we see a start-up VI then appear a pop-up window from subVI with choosing a device (SELECT DEVICE vi). After choosing and pressing OK button this window dissapear.

If we build EXE application from the project, and run EXE application than first we see a start-up VI then appear and lickety-split dissappear pop-up window from subVI (SELECT DEVICE vi) without choosing a device.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(728 Views)

PLEASE pay attention to the advice given you.  You're next on the list of posters I'd like to poke in the eye.  You've been given several good ideas on troubleshooting this issue, yet you continue to ignore them and just repeat your problem.

At least acknowledge that you tried some of the stuff above.  I've even given you a pretty good roadmap on how to diagnose this thing.  I'm not going to repeat it because you can just scroll up.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(718 Views)

@billko wrote:

PLEASE pay attention to the advice given you.  You're next on the list of posters I'd like to poke in the eye.  You've been given several good ideas on troubleshooting this issue, yet you continue to ignore them and just repeat your problem.

At least acknowledge that you tried some of the stuff above.  I've even given you a pretty good roadmap on how to diagnose this thing.  I'm not going to repeat it because you can just scroll up.

Dear Billko, make shure that i saw all the advices and tried to solve my problem. But it seems to me i ask a very simple question. My question is about some important properties of building an EXE application from VI project. Because of the project runs in simulation well without any errors.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(702 Views)

Thanks to all for support!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(688 Views)

Ugh, you missed the biggest issue - automatic error handling is DISABLED when you build an executable so you have NO IDEA what is happening.

One thing I learned in troubleshooting systems. - NEVER take for granted that you have all the bases coverd.  If you did, you wouldn't be troubleshooting - you'd be FIXING.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(676 Views)