LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polynomial Equation for converting voltage to temperature

I'm using Labview Express 7.0 and I would like to know how to convert voltage to temperature.  The program says i need a polynomial equation to do this, I'm not sure what polynomial equation i need.  Can anyone please tell me some information regarding this equation.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,423 Views)

A few questions so that we may help. What are you measuring the temperature with? What is the program that you are refering to that requires the equation? In the case of thermocouples, the various types (which reflect the different materials used to make them) have different temp vs voltage curves. Some may be relatively flat for part of their range others describe somewhat of a curve. The mentioned polynomial will be obviously different for the different types. If you are using a thermocouple type of element a google search for the characteristics for that type may give you what you need. Otherwise, providing us with the info for the above questions will help us point in the right direction.

P.M.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,418 Views)
I'm using a Typy K thermocouple and the Measurement Automation Explorer asks me for a polynomial equation when i try to set the thermocouple up with the daqmx board.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,414 Views)
I would say that you should get the equation from the thermocouple manufacturer.  They are the ones that designed the device and they should know the equation for converting voltage to temperature.  Look in the data sheets or spec sheets for the thermocouple.  There should at least be a graph of voltage vs temperature.  If no equation is listed, call them for one.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,404 Views)
From the LabVIEW  function paletteunder
ni measurementts--data acquistion---signal condtioning

use the vi 
convert thermo couple readings .vi

just pass the right parameters.  Should work
Message 5 of 6
(3,398 Views)